In the bible it says "I will bless the LORD at all times, his praise shall continually be in my mouth" When you sing bad music you are not singing praise continually to God.
In the scripture above you're probably thinking how in the world can I praise God continually? The answer is by living right. When you live the way he wants you to live you are singing praises unto him.
You might be thinking that contradicts what I said earlier but it doesn't because if you think about it would you listen to that kind of music if you could SEE Jesus in your car with you? Because he's always with you.
We need to live like he is always there, He sees everything.
Okay, another thing someone mentioned about it one time to me is that christian music does not sound as good as normal music, but it is most likely the music on their radio station that they are referencing. There are so many millions of thousands of christian songs out there that I guarantee there are a few you will like, if you just TRY. Christian music can seem boring sometimes but you need to really mean the words you sing to Jesus. The more you love Jesus the easier your life as a Christian will be.
I hope you learned something today and are going to try cutting out some negative music, a little at a time.
- Replace cut out songs with a christian song for each one
- Start out by cutting out any music with curse words
- Move on to cutting out ones that promote lustful attitudes, sex, etc
- Then cut out more that you just know you wouldn't listen to in front of Jesus.
- If you listen to everything on the radio try finding a christian station and then switch to it whenever a really bad song comes on your normal station.
- If you listen to everything on YouTube your life is made easy because you can just make a playlist with a mixture of both.
- If you have iTunes and you paid for the songs you shouldn't be listening to I"m sorry you'll have to figure that out, lol.